Terms and conditions
West Coast Rhythmic Gymnastics Club – COVID-19 Protocol
West Coast Rhythmic Gymnastics Club – COVID-19 Protocol
Rational (as stated in the BCRSGF Return to Play Document):
· Rediscover the physical and psychological benefits related to all levels of rhythmic gymnastics training so that members may continue to receive benefits derived (both physically and psychologically) from the practice of their sport of choice.
· Offer a positive, pleasant, and safe experience of gymnastics and leisure for its members.
· West Coast Rhythmic Gymnastics Club (WCRG) will inform gymnasts and their families through email, club website, registrations, and telephone and in person communications about the new protocols due to COVID-19. As protocols change updates will be provided be provided using similar methods.
· All gymnasts will be required to fill in waivers specific to COVID-19 claims exclusion before participating in camps and/or classes. Declaration forms will also be signed by all gymnasts and coaches to declare their understanding or the risks as well as their responsibility to self-regulate.
· Gymnasts responsible to bring the following items:
o Personal supply bag: wipes, personal hand sanitizer, tissues, masks, etc.
o Socks or rhythmic toe shoes
o Personal water bottle
o Personal gym bag and hoop cover, for all Rhythmic Gymnastics handheld apparatus and adjunct training items (e.g. yoga block, weights, roller etc.)
· Protocols will be printed and placed at the front entrance to the facility. Signs will be printed reminding all participants and families that they cannot enter the facility if they or a household member has the onset of illness with symptoms compatible with suspected or confirmed COVID-19 in the last 14 days.
Entering and Exiting Facility
· Designated separate entrance and exit to gym.
· Distancing lines to be taped at entrance to facility – gymnast encouraged to arrive no earlier than five minutes before start of class, and to leave immediately at the finish of class, no loitering.
· Parents to drop off and pick-up gymnasts outside of the facility.
· Coaches to meet gymnast at door, ensure daily self assessment for COVID-19 has been completed, escort them inside and instruct them where to put their equipment and to immediately go to wash hands (where necessary ensure handwashing is properly completed).
· High touch surfaces to regularly disinfected throughout day – including but not limited to – class changes, lunch and snack breaks, and at the end of the day.
· Hand sanitizer to be stationed at the entrance and the break areas.
· In the event a gymnast comes down with COVID-19 symptoms during training, they are to immediately leave training and break area – isolated with adult supervision (mask for adult and gymnast), parent to be contacted for pick up and to contact 811 or clinic to determine appropriate next measures. Any areas gymnast touched to be immediately disinfected.
· Participation limited to allow for 2m distancing. Maximum 8 gymnasts per camp.
· No sharing of equipment – participants to bring own apparatus or be assigned gym apparatus to be exclusively used by them for the duration of the camp/class. All apparatus to be sanitized nightly by gymnast’s family at home before returning to practice the next day.
· All staff, prior to coming to work, must complete self-assessment tool and report to supervisor if either they are a household member has had the onset of illness with symptoms compatible with suspected or lab-confirmed COVID-19 in the prior 14 days. Staff feeling unwell MUST STAY HOME.
· Coaches to wash/sanitize hands between working with groups, at all breaks, if they sneeze, cough, or touch face, and after eating.
· No sharing of equipment or food.
· Coaches to wear masks if they are unable to maintain physical distancing.
· Hands free coaching at all times.
· Coaches to avoid physical contact – five-fives, hugs, etc.
· Gloves for cleaning purposes only.
· One staff member assigned to ensure gymnasts are washing their hands as they enter the facility.
· Coaches to wear foot covering sock/shoes at all times.
· No physical contact between participants or sharing of equipment.
· All gymnasts to wash/sanitize hands when entering the facility, during all breaks, before and after eating, after sneezing, coughing or touching face.
· All gymnasts to arrive dressed for training – should change out of training clothes before leaving the facility, or put additional layers on top of training wear. Gymnasts to wear foot covering – shoes/socks at all times.
· Gymnasts to bring personal yoga mats (or ones assigned to them for the duration of the class/camp for floor work and/or breaks). Yoga mats to be taken home and sanitized daily.
· No sharing of equipment, food, water bottles, personal hand sanitizers – gymnasts to bring sufficient water for the day, all food packaging to be taken away with gymnast or put into designated garbage bins on-site.
· All equipment stored in a personal area (to be marked off - separate areas for breaks for the different classes/camps).
· During breaks gymnasts are to maintain social distance, separate areas for breaks for the different classes/camps.
· Marked off personal rest areas for gymnasts.
· Local health authority to be consulted for any unique or specific circumstances as needed.
· All persons attending an injured individual must first put on a mask and gloves.
· First aid guidelines as outlined by WorkSafeBC at: https://www.worksafebc.com/en/resources/health-safety/information-sheets/ofaa-protocols-covid-19-pandemic
· Coaches responsible to ensure gymnasts are washing hands as outlined below.
· Coaches to ensure frequently touched surfaces in the gym are either communicated to the facility or cleaned after class has finished and to ensure either the daily cleaning is complete, or the club will arrange with the facility to complete this.
· Use of carpets will be rotated to be used only once within a 48hr period.
· Foam mats will be sprayed down with disinfectant daily.
ADDITIONAL ATTACHED POLICIES AND FORMS:
To be reviewed and completed by parents:
1. BCRSGF Individual Facility Declaration - To be signed by parents
2. BCRSGF Assumption of Risk (with COVID) - To be signed by parents (under 19)
3. ILLNESS POLICY
4. PHOTOGRAPHY CONSENT AND RELEASE FORM FOR MINOR CHILDREN (Under 18)